Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I need to change my door?
No, we can install our inserts in most existing front doors. If we have to cut the door, there is no extra cost to you.
- If I have a half window in my door, can I have a full-length one installed?
Absolutely, our professional installers will cut your existing door to suit the design you have chosen.
- My door has side pieces (sidelights), can I get those to match my choice?
Yes, our representatives are fully experienced in advising you on the styles available and we are specialists in custom work.
- I have a window above my door (transom), can this be made to match my door insert?
Of course. we specialize in all forms of custom work and provide shop drawings prior to manufacture.
- Will I get drafts or heat loss through my new door insert?
No, all of our products are thermally sealed and thoroughly caulked to the door. You will also get an official warranty certificate.
- How is the insert installed?
We can install inserts in solid doors and doors with an existing builder’s insert. Our installers are fully equipped to cut the door to take any of our products.
We use a new poly-vinyl, paint-able exterior trim (if required), which will not yellow after time.
We also offer black exterior trims and custom paint jobs to the vinyl frame.
- How long will the installation take?
Anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour, depending on single or double door installation.
- Will people be able to see through my new door insert?
We carry a range of products from ‘totally obscure’ through to ‘partially visible’. Our representatives will show you the options available.
- Your Wrought Iron inserts, what are they made of?
All of our wrought iron door inserts are made from 3/8″ SOLID square steel. They are NOT round tubular steel, nor are they cast iron. They are powder coated (not painted) and meet Canadian Safety Standards.
- What is the difference between your company and others?
1. We are a licensed Ontario Company and an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating
2. We have a showroom,
3. We keep all of our web-featured models in stock, we provide the model that you want, not what we want.
4. Our 10-year Warranty is an official warranty document, not a note on a receipt.
5. In the rare event of a problem, we will replace or repair in a quick and efficient manner.
- I cannot see the design I am looking for on your website.
Not to worry, we can make most designs. Just contact us.
- What areas do your salesmen cover?
The whole of the Greater Toronto Area within a 150km radius, please feel free to contact us.
- What about your prices?
Each home is different, so requirements vary. Rest assured our prices are competitive and we will also match any genuine quotation.
- How can we pay?
We accept most major credit cards,
- How do I get to see your products?
You can either contact us by email or phone to make an appointment at our showroom or just drop in. Or if you prefer, book a home visit. We can then come to your home with a huge choice of samples, where you are able to see the designs against the actual backdrop of your house. We can install on-the-spot if you see a design you fall in love with.
- What if I have a problem with my window?
In the unlikely event of a manufacturer’s defect, we will replace the insert free of charge. All of our products carry a 10-year seal warranty.